Featured in blog: Hangin’ with the Alley Cats
- ¼ cup course ground black pepper
- ¼ cup course ground green peppercorns (or whatever kind you like)
- ¼ cup whole mustard seed
- Salt to taste
- Toss all ingredients in a bowl and mix them up.
- Add the salt to taste since everyone’s level of salt tolerance differs.In a deep pot, mix up all the water, vinegar, and sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Taste it to see that it is equally bitter and sweet. Neither should overpower the other. It should be neither too bitter or too sweet.
- Take all those lovely Julienned produce and place it into the pickle mix.
- Place in fridge for at least 4 hours or more. If you do this right after you place the ribs on the smoker that is plenty of time.