Featured in blog: Next Level of Funk!
- 9lb untrimmed pork shoulder bone in
- BBQ rub
- 1 Banana leaf
- Jelly (I used a mango/guava)
- 1 can beer
- Tortillas (however many you need)
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 3 limes cut into wedges
- Salsa (whatever kind you like)
- Heat smoker to 250 degrees
- Apply rub all over the pork shoulder
- When smoker is ready, place pig in the smoker and cook at 250 degrees for 5 hours
- Remove, place in a shallow aluminum pan, pour in half the beer and using a spoon rub jelly all over the pig
- Wrap in banana leaf and aluminum foil. Smoke 4 more hours at 250 degrees
- Pull pig from smoker, let sit for 20-30 minutes
- Unwrap. And using 2 forks, shred the meat
- Add salt or soy sauce if you like.
- Don’t pull the pig out of the pan until you have shredded all the meat. The rendered fat and jelly will help flavor the meat
- Place in tortilla and garnish with onion, cilantro, lime and salsa.