Featured in blog: Hangin’ with the Alley Cats
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups Julienne carrots
- 3 cups Julienne cucumber
- 3 cups Julienne daikon radish
- 3 cups Julienne green papaya
I don’t’ think the green papaya is common in traditional Banh Mi, but I love using it every chance, so I have incorporated in this mix
- In a deep pot, mix up all the water, vinegar, and sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Taste it to see that it is equally bitter and sweet. Neither should overpower the other. It should be neither too bitter or too sweet.
- Take all those lovely Julienned produce and place it into the pickle mix.
- Place in fridge for at least 4 hours or more. If you do this right after you place the ribs on the smoker that is plenty of time.